· Attend Division Representative meetings. There will be one meeting prior to/just following the start of each new session.
· Conduct a Team Captains meeting the first week of new session league play. This meeting will be used to inform Team Captains of any rule changes or other pertinent information (information that needs to be shared with team captains will be presented at the Division Representative meeting and/or in your division representative packet).
· Know the Rules: The division representative is the “go to” person in the bar. Division Representatives should be knowledgeable of APA rules and By-Laws. However, if the Division Representative is unsure, APA staff is just a phone call away.
· Assist the bar/teams/APA in recruiting new players.
· Teach new teams how to keep score and answer any of their questions about league play/rules. Explain legal jump shots, and defensive shots/how to mark them.
· Promote events and encourage participation.
· Run 1 Singles Qualifier Board per session: Create Facebook Event and we’ll help market it through emails and/or scoresheet messages.
· Help ensure teams in the division turn in their Team Registrations forms for the upcoming session in a timely manner.
· Know where to find pertinent forms on league website if teams need them (i.e. – Handicap Review Forms, Official Protest Forms, Membership Applications, etc.).
· Inform APA if any team/player is demonstrating bad sportsmanship or thought to possibly be sandbagging.
· Keep APA up-to-date on any problems/issues that arise in the division.
· Distribute patches to players when earned and record on patch log.
· Remember that as a Division Representative for Golden Gate APA, you are representing APA. All APA rules still apply to you, and in a sense, you will be held to a higher standard due to your title.
· Complimentary yearly APA membership.
· Division Rep tournaments with giveaways/cash payouts/swag
· Division Rep Tshirts/patches
· Incentives to promote player/team growth in the league:
· Build 1 team/fill a BYE: after team’s 6th week of league play, we’ll give you $50
· Build 2 teams: after 6th week of play, receive $100, and play for free in any division of your choice
***Benefits and responsibilities may change from session to session. All Division Representatives will be informed of these changes.
***APA has the right to remove a Division Representative from their position at any time. Loss of position will include loss of the benefits that go along with the position.
***Division Representatives may be voted out by players/teams in the division if cause is noted as worthy by APA.